Top 8 Causes of Hair Loss in Women
Hair loss sufferers wake up in the morning and check their pillows for amounts of hair that have fallen out. They check their combs and hair brushes after every use and try to count the number of hairs contained therein. They check the number of hairs in the shower or sink after each wash. They grow anxious, nervous and scared each day. They worry about the impressions they will make on friends, bosses and co-workers, and even strangers who see them in public places. What a horrible way to live! If hair loss is beginning to be a daily worry for you, then, you’ve got to take action now and do something about it. In this article, you’ll discover and learn the Top 8 causes of hair loss in women, and how to deal with it.
Normally, we lose 100 to 150 strands everyday, simply from combing or brushing and manipulating. If you have long hair this can look like a lot, but, considering the amount of hair on a head, it’s just a tiny amount. If hair is coming out in clumps or suddenly you notice circular patches of balding spots, then, there is definitely a problem, and treatment will be based upon the specific cause:
The following causes should be investigated if you are experiencing more than the normal hair loss:
1. Check Your Diet. An unbalanced diet, especially lack of protein, can cause temporary hair loss. Anemic women often experience hair loss.
2. Menopausal Stage. Hormonal imbalance during this period, can escalate and unfortunately if not prevented will lead to permanent hair loss.
3. Frequent Shampooing. Shampoos contain a lathering ingredient called surfactant. This can be irritating to the scalp and cause itching and scratching, thus increased hair loss.
4. Improper Care. Too much manipulation such as hair color treatment, blow drying and heating with curling irons, etc.
5. Stress And Anxiety. Life changing events such as divorce or death of loved ones, as well as career and financial difficulties.
6. Diseases. Certain diseases like Thyroid problems, Diabetes and Lupus, can cause hair loss. However, once treatment has begun and the disease is under control, the hair loss can reverse itself. Chemotherapy for cancer patients can cause hair loss. Drugs and other medical procedures to treat diseases can cause hair loss, but, again, once the intake of a certain drug or medical procedure like chemotherapy stopped, the hair loss can reverse itself.
7. Heredity. It can be inherited from both parents and unfortunately, is a permanent hair loss problem.
8. Alopecia Areata. This is an autoimmune condition characterized by circular patches of baldness. Basically the body is attacking the hair follicles and cortisone shots in the affected areas are required, the earlier detection the better.
There are two types of permanent loss in women. The first is patterned, in which hair loss is occurs on the top of the head but remains intact on the back of the head. The other is non-patterned, where loss occurs throughout the head and eventually leads to a bald appearance.
There are several although limited options of hair loss products specifically for women. This is important to note because male products are not advisable to be used by women suffering from hair loss. Wigs can be the best quickfix alternative for women, wigs are now fashion accessories and even women with normal hair often have it. Surgical procedure is also an option and are recommended for patterned hair loss, because hair from the back of the head can be transplanted to the thinning frontal areas. These options are far expensive, however, a low-cost way of treating hair loss is by using Provillus . Provillus is an oral supplement, which works to block the DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), a form of testosterone that is responsible for 95 percent of hair loss. It also works to stimulate the scalp and bring dead follicles back to life.
Hair loss treatment is an individual choice. Women whose moods, happiness and self-esteem are affected should do something about it.
For more product testimonials and free trial offer, go here Health And Beauty Depot